BASIC AUDIO Scarab Deluxe
The Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe is the company's flagship guitar pedal. It takes the famed silicon Tone Bender MKII circuit and builds on it with some home and stage-friendly modifications.
The Fat control is a variable low frequency input control, allowing you to optimise the pedal for humbuckers or single coils. by adjusting its response and feel, from girthy to snappy.
Tonebender-type circuits vary depending on the bias of the 3rd transistor. Adjust the Bias control for gritty, gated tones at one end of the dial, sustaining lead tones in the middle, and sweet lower-gain tones at the other end of the rotation. Bias affects tone and gain.
Some Tone Bender MKII pedals can get lost in a mix, but the inclusion of a Tone control ensures that you'll never get swamped by the rhythm section again.
- Based on the legendary Tone Bender MKII
- Level, Tone, Fuzz, Fat & Bias controls
- Handwired in Fayetteville, West Virginia, USA
- 9V power supply, centre-negative or 9V battery (neither are included)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.