FREDRIC EFFECTS Verzerrer
The Fredric Effects Verzerrer is based on the only cold war-era East German distortion pedal, originally produced in the 1960s and '70s. It veers from distortion into spitty fuzz and full on velcro mode and sounds remarkably unique.
The original featured a plastic enclosure and trim pots that had to be adjusted with a screwdriver - not exactly gig-friendly. Fredric Effects' updated version takes the original design, including using original diodes and transistors, and improves the pedal by encasing it in a sturdy folded metal mini-wedge enclosure and adding circuit-board mounted dip-switches for additional tweakability.
"It’s just pure nastiness. This pedal nails the splutter-fuzz effect as well as any we’ve tried" - Guitarist Magazine December 2019
The Bias control allows you to produce gated, dying-battery tones when turned down, or increase sustain as it is turned up.
The internal dip switches are:
- NR1/NR2: Noise reduction
- Limit Res: The original's volume-limiting resistor
- Boost Off: Boost is on by default in order to engage the volume boost
- Boost On x2: These must be on to engage the volume boost
This pedal can produce really gritty sounds that stand out in the mix. The Tone control is very responsive and can bring your sound forward or supress buzzy high end depending on how you set it.
If you love velcro, spitty fuzz sounds then you can't go wrong with this awesome piece of nostalgia!
- Distortion/fuzz reproduction of a rare East German original
- Original old-stock diodes and transistors
- Handmade in London, UK
- Tone, Input Level, Volume, Intensity, Bias & Internal Dip Switch controls
- Power: 9V power supply, centre-negative or 9V battery (neither are included)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.