BASIC AUDIO Spooky Tooth
The Basic Audio Spooky Tooth is one of John Lyon's best known pedals. A mash up of Orpheum, Fuzzrite and Super Fuzz circuit types, with some Big Muff raunch thrown in for good measure, he describes it as "Neil Young in a box".
It's an incredibly versatile fuzz with an aggressive character thanks to the silicon transistors. The Spooky Tooth provides the sag and bloom of an amp on the edge, with the lightly scooped mids accentuating the thick bottom end and zingy highs. It's really reactive to picking strength, compressing nicely under heavier picking or chords.
You can dial your sound in with the Texture control, which blends between one and two gain stages for lower to high-gain tones, and gives an octave-up tonality near the centre position.
- A "greatest hits" fuzz pedal with tons of versatility
- Volume, Fuzz, Texture & Saturate controls
- Handwired in Fayetteville, West Virginia, USA
- 9V power supply, centre-negative or 9V battery (neither are included)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.